• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coyote/strawberry run june 14th

WHEEL'er-DLR

NAXJA Forum User
so cal and sierra dual run on sat june 14 th. this is a great day run or may be a good family week-end trip. xjchuck and i will be hosting. the run is just below hunntington lake and above shaver. there's plenty of places to camp over nite for free...:D mod jeeps only. this will be a great option if you can't make rubicon. any questions??

With the late snow this year, it's possible that Coyote Lake Trail won't be open yet at that time. One of the Fresno clubs opens it up when they get the OK from the Forest Service to go in and check for downed trees and stuff. You'll need to check with the Sierra National Forest headquarters in Prather to see if it's open yet.

Don't you mean Coyote/Red Lake ?. I thought Strawberry is the one where you go down the hill that may require a winch to get back up.

the trail heads are next to each other...we'll decide which trail to run depending on current conditions. somehow...or somewhere..we will have a run that day. :)

i'v not heard about needing a winch:eek: but neither winching, straping, or a helicopter will keep us from going....:D

are you planning to join us? remember also, if you come up fri nite there's plenty of places to camp. i'll post those later.

I don't think so but I wish I could. I spent four days up at Coyote Lake around the same time last year and I really enjoyed it. Good fishing and hiking all around. Have a good time.

The one with the good/bad hill to come back up is Mirror Lake. It could be a winch hill for single locker rigs, but not for two locker rigs. The trail is right next to Red Lake trail.

i'll be there....will be meeting you at the trailhead. i'm staying in 'camp fresno' at dinkey creek.

'91 xj....black,
4.0, auto, 33x12.5' mtr's on 15x7 daytona's, custom built 5.5 lift, rock rails, and rear bumper by" RG motorsports", rear dana 44, 4.46 gears and front and rear detroit lockers.

hope others will join us! :D

Back