• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie or a noslip???

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Its going in the back of my very much DD with a d44(when it gets finished I need brakes for the damn thing first though anyone got take offs for a d44 from backing plates out???) I currently have a 8.25 with noslip and have no problems with its road manners( I wouldnt mind a lockrite but the wife wont even get behind the wheel at all then, not good) so it has to be friendly to her...Heard a ton of good things about the aussie compared to the lockrite but no comparing it to the noslip as far as street manners...And a arb is not in the budget trying to do this without robbing a bank!!!
tia
themud

I recently installed an aussie in my 44 rear and the difference is incredible. On the road it clicks around corners like an other mechanical full time locker but that is pretty much it. It has never snapped or unloaded on me yet and I have had it in for 2 months or so. Offroad it's nice having a full locker and not just a limited slip. The choice is yours but I personally love my aussie and wish that I had done it earlier. Hope this helps

manual or automatic tranny?

this will make the biggest difference of anything. with my auto tranny and a Lockright in the rear, it is FLAWLESS on the street and trail, it might as well be and ARB. It has never locked when I didn't want it to, and never not locked when I did want it to. The only thing I ever notice is a faint clicking around corners, but usually I have the radio on so I don't even notice that. Then I have friends that have had Lockrights with manual transmissions and they couldn't stand them and had completely different stories than me.

between Aussie and Lockright, they are basically identical in design, the Aussie just has a few refinements. they should function identical.

I had a No-Slip in my 8.25 before I swapped in the D44. It was pretty much silent.

I recently installed an Aussie in my D30. It is pretty noisy during slow speed (parking lot) turns. The price was right for the Aussie but for a DD, I would probably lean toward the No-Slip if I were doing it again.

lostcreek21 said:
I recently installed an aussie in my 44 rear and the difference is incredible. On the road it clicks around corners like an other mechanical full time locker but that is pretty much it. It has never snapped or unloaded on me yet and I have had it in for 2 months or so. Offroad it's nice having a full locker and not just a limited slip. The choice is yours but I personally love my aussie and wish that I had done it earlier. Hope this helps

I feel the same about my Aussie in my D44. I have a mannual tranny and I guess I just ahve gotten use to it. It's definitely better than the lockright I had. Over 9 months of use and abuse.

themud said:
Its going in the back of my very much DD with a d44(when it gets finished I need brakes for the damn thing first though anyone got take offs for a d44 from backing plates out???) I currently have a 8.25 with noslip and have no problems with its road manners( I wouldnt mind a lockrite but the wife wont even get behind the wheel at all then, not good) so it has to be friendly to her...Heard a ton of good things about the aussie compared to the lockrite but no comparing it to the noslip as far as street manners...And a arb is not in the budget trying to do this without robbing a bank!!!
tia
themud
Did you regear it yet? if no.. are you going to? if so you might want to get a detroit as that replaces the carrier and it handles REAL nice.

going to 4.56s at the same time and puttin a trutrac up front I was going to get a lunchbox for price and street manners compared to detriot full case locker...Talked to a few people who said their great but noisey like the lockrite and are worse on the street than the noslip I have...course the aussie might be just the same way thats why Im asking around about the aussie vs the noslip....
keep em comin.... :D
themud

When I swapped in the D44 it already had a Detroit. My 8.25 had a No-Slip. I notice NO difference on the road other than the Detroit will unload every once in a while. There are probably weeks or months that go by between occurrances. If you are regearing anyways, the Detroit would get my vote.

Back