• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help removing steering stablizer

tnXJer

NAXJA Forum User
i'm installing a new steering stablizer tonight and had some questions for anyone who could help. How do I remove the end from the drag link? The Moog replacement didn't come with a new pin?
Thanks
Shawn
tnXJer

Shawn I just did mine a few weeks ago. I just got a wrench on the nut and the bolt and turned it was honestly as simple as that. One of the ends might have a cotter pin, just pull it out and wrench the nut off. Mine was from Rusty and came with all new hardware. So as far as that... save your old stuff (soak it down with pb blaster so you dont bust it) and then try and re-use it. You may need a new nut for the end of the bolt or cotter pin, but my new replacement hardware didnt come with a pin and its fine.

With a fork puller.
See picture below of a Craftsman part number 30308.

I didn't need one. But I have heard that some people do. Mine was factory and 10 yrs old!! Having extra tools never hurt anyone though!
Just my 2 pennies.

Affter no success with a every tool I own and all my BFH's I finally took it to OK 4Wheel drive. When the got that front taperd pin out it hit the wall and bounced around a bit. Some are in there tight, some are not. The worst part was doing it on the ground, could get no leverage even with jackstands.

Back