• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow hooks Quick

steveVA

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to Uwharrie this weekend and I need a front tow point,, dealer wants 200 bucks for the kit, any quick fixes???

rustysoffroad.com

Call them now to get them shipped to your door on Friday. They have a tow hook kit.

i used an hd eyebolt in the hole in the bottom of the bumper at the bracket. now i have a grill guard. i will try to make sat am only 50 miles away will bring my old parts

that is not safe. You need the tow hook bracket to reinforce the "frame". Just using the bumper bracket is not sufficient when you are really stuck.

I used the bracket one time and one time only, because thats how long it lasted. Its not safe, whatever you have connected to it will come off and be a flying projectile.

giranger said:
I used the bracket one time and one time only, because thats how long it lasted. Its not safe, whatever you have connected to it will come off and be a flying projectile.

What bracket are you talking about exactly?!

C4x4 has a kit as well and there are others. Plan on $68-78. I used the C4x4 kit and it came with all the bolts and nuts. The installation is a little annoying and involves removal of the bumper, but I wouldn't yank on a hook bolted to only the bumper bracket or "frame rail" because both are very thin. If you hook to the axle, it might come out too or at the least ruin your alignment or control arm bushings. You may be too late to get the thing right by the weekend.

Front 2" receiver, bolt up in an hour or so, also a 2" shackle insert. You will have to cut a small hole in your air dam though for the receiver to peek out of.

thanks guys

I was really just looking for something SAFE but temporary,, Im going to be ordering a winch bumper from trailready as soon as I sell my boat,,, yeah I know they cost too much but I really like em,, I gues im going to have forget Uwharrie this weekend,, bummer

There is a device that tow trucks use to pull vehicals without tow hooks out of ditches, etc. It is a chain with a hook on one end and a graphel hook on the other. Looks like a giant fishhook. It is not the safest tool but for winching it will work. But do not snatch it! It will fly!

So, get the front hitch, your going to have to remove the air dam anyway for the new bumper and your local draw tite dealer might have one in stock for IIRC $80. You can always resell it here later on.

yes to the bumper bracket isnt the best but you will have to pull the bumper off before anything flys off. the bolt under the bumper that holds the bumper to the bracket is where i mounted it. i will be in Uwharrie this weekend. if you want to see how i fixed it temporary.

Back