• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some insight on Front Lift..

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of getting ready to install the front portion of my RE6025 - 3.5" lift.

I can raise the heep high enough on jack stands to allow a far enough droop to remove the coils without a coil compressor. Can this be done with the original brake lines attached? or will I be stretching them to their limit?

I really do not want to relocate my hard brake line as suggested in the instructions (too rusted to play with)?]/b]
If this is the case then I will have to run out and get me a set of '95 YJ lines or SS extensions.

XJ91 said:
I'm in the process of getting ready to install the front portion of my RE6025 - 3.5" lift.

I can raise the heep high enough on jack stands to allow a far enough droop to remove the coils without a coil compressor. Can this be done with the original brake lines attached? or will I be stretching them to their limit?

I really do not want to relocate my hard brake line as suggested in the instructions (too rusted to play with)?
If this is the case then I will have to run out and get me a set of '95 YJ lines or SS extensions.

I did my front coil installs with stock brake lines and I was wrestling 4.5" coils in there on top of that.

Kejtar said:
I did my front coil installs with stock brake lines and I was wrestling 4.5" coils in there on top of that.

That's great.
Can I drive with 3.5" coils, stock lines?
I have to prder and it will take a few days before I can get them.

I've got 3.5" of lift in my front end and I stretched a brake line just a little too far one day while I was off road. When we put it on the ramp to check everything it looked fine, but off road it wasn't. I'd strongly suggest going with longer brake lines.

Robert

XJ91 said:
I really do not want to relocate my hard brake line as suggested in the instructions (too rusted to play with)?
QUOTE]

If they are that rusty how are you going to put the YJ brake lines on without breaking (haha) them?

Hard line is cheap anyway, if you break something its not the end of the world.

XJWheelie said:
I've got 3.5" of lift in my front end and I stretched a brake line just a little too far one day while I was off road. When we put it on the ramp to check everything it looked fine, but off road it wasn't. I'd strongly suggest going with longer brake lines.

Robert

So with the original lines and hard line not relocated, I can get around town for a few days?

I wouldn't take it off road without proper extensions.

ChicksDigWagons said:
If they are that rusty how are you going to put the YJ brake lines on without breaking (haha) them?

Hard line is cheap anyway, if you break something its not the end of the world.

That's just it if they do break I can re-flare and add some hard line.
I ment that the mounts for the hardline is all rusted and nobody has replacements.

XJ91 said:
So with the original lines and hard line not relocated, I can get around town for a few days?

Mine didn't actually break, it just got so far stretched that it started leaking really badly. When I did it I was about as twisted as my XJ would get, so street wouldn't be a problem at all.

Robert

Back