• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36's vs. 37's

Swamper makes a 36x12.5 SS Radial. it measures out to 36.2".
Goodyear 37x12.5 is 36.7".
So there you go. Juice

juicexj24 said:
Swamper makes a 36x12.5 SS Radial. it measures out to 36.2".
Goodyear 37x12.5 is 36.7".
So there you go. Juice

For the record, the GY MT/R in a 37x15" is 36.4, think you were looking at the 17" rim measurements. That's a whole .3" difference... :)

thank you for the responses. im curious for the future b/c although i will be on my 35's for another year or so, i was considering one of these as my next choice. To me it seems like the GY MTR will be a better all purpose tire than the swamper and thats what i need since i do 80/20 driving. im running a 297x d30 one piece and a d44 w/ 4.88 and detroit rear and the 35's are awesome but i want to make my next tire just slightly bigger. That is when the time comes. Again thanks

If you street drive that much go with the MTRs. I have the 36" swampers and I gave up trying to heep them balanced.

cagedxj said:
If you street drive that much go with the MTRs. I have the 36" swampers and I gave up trying to heep them balanced.
We balanced my set of new 35" MTRs today and the worst one was only off from the factory by 2oz. The best was off by 1oz.

Back