• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which O2 sensor is better

Mountain Man

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently in the process of making a 90 Limited road worthy. Which O2 sensor is the better bet for longevity. I am currently considering Standard, Kem, and Bosch.

90 limited, 4.0, aw4, np242, d35, d30

The one from the dealership is the best and actually the cheapest. I had 3 bosches trip the check engine light before the dealer told me they were very sensitive to the right sensor.

AFAIK the OEMs for the Renix (87 - 90) were Bosch.

Just replaced the sensor in my '90 with a dealer part, and it was indeed a Bosch as Eagle stated. Not sure about any warranty from the manufacturer, but this is the first replacement for it since it was new. 15 years isn't too bad of a lifespan.

-Rich

Colorado_XJ said:
Just replaced the sensor in my '90 with a dealer part, and it was indeed a Bosch as Eagle stated. Not sure about any warranty from the manufacturer, but this is the first replacement for it since it was new. 15 years isn't too bad of a lifespan.

-Rich
You lucked out. It should be replaced every 80,000 miles. My '87 MJ had the original in, too, at 112,000 miles. It failed an emissions test earlier this year and when I replaced the O2 sensor I found the one in there was the old original style that should have been replaced under a recall ten years ago.

Eagle said:
AFAIK the OEMs for the Renix (87 - 90) were Bosch.

Bosch makes more electrical parts for more vehicles than ANY OTHER maker I've ever seen. Seems to me there's a reason, bmw,vw, mercedes, volvo, Gm, Ford and everyone else uses them so much.... It's 'cause there GOOD !

Back