• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands July 31st

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
A group of us from the Midwest Almost-a-Chapter will be doing some wheeling at the Badlands the 31st. Some will be camping and wheeling Sunday as well. Everybody is welcome, we will be running the usual mix of trails for mild to wild rigs, and playing in the quarry. Who's interested?

I'll be there...Camping Saturday if it's nice.

I'll be there, and camping too.

Les

lesslimited said:
we will be running the usual mix of trails for mild to wild rigs

My only operational XJ right now is our '01 Upcountry Limited, which has 30" muds, full skids, rock rails, tow points and Trac-Lok. Would it be worth bringing it, or would it be better to drive my Sub' and just bum a ride for the wheeling portion of the weekend's activities?

I really just want to meet all of you's.

Lawn Cher' said:
My only operational XJ right now is our '01 Upcountry Limited, which has 30" muds, full skids, rock rails, tow points and Trac-Lok. Would it be worth bringing it, or would it be better to drive my Sub' and just bum a ride for the wheeling portion of the weekend's activities?

I really just want to meet all of you's.

That's similar to Urban's setup, and he went pretty much where he wanted last time. Green trail would be no problem, and some of the stuff in the quarry. You would be welcome to ride along on some of the other stuff, and it would be great to meet you finally.

Well that settles it, I'm there. I'm planning on camping, but my wife may or may not join me. She doesn't like to camp (what's not to like?) so will probably fly back east to visit her family for the weekend. Which leaves her XJ available for some exercise!

Anyone mind if I bring my dog? 4 year old petite female yellow lab, Zandi, loves to ride in the car. Also, what is the camping situation? Is there a particular campground that everyone uses? Is there a group site that we get, or will I need a reservation? Should I bring firewood?

Looking forward to it!

There is a campground right outside of the Badlands...literally... 7.00 a night for a tent site.

http://atticacamping.com/

This is where we camped the last 2 times I went. Great people, and pretty helpful.

I *think* that that's where we will be staying, but who knows.

GI-John said:
There is a campground right outside of the Badlands...literally... 7.00 a night for a tent site.

This is where we camped the last 2 times I went. Great people, and pretty helpful.

When we can, we stay at Summers Camp Ground, they do not allow alcohol at the one right by the Badlands.
Phone: 765-762-2832

Phew, thanks for the info... for a minute there I thought we'd have to party without the fun stuff.

GI-John said:

John, We are all going to camp at Summers. That is the best place to camp.
They have a lot more amenities(?) than at the other one.

I'll be there.
BTW, do I need reservations for camping?

Last edited:
Anyone call for reservations at Summer's yet? Isn't there a group tent site at the bottom of the hill?

I'm willing to call in a reservation for everyone if you want...

OK, so if it's gonna be Summer's, can we arrange sites in one area? I'd really like a full hook-up site for the Winnebago, but do they have those near the tent area or what? I've never been there.

And we did have plenty of alcohol at the Badlands CG at Winterfest, no problems. Of course, it wasn't too crowded then either - now that they're busier they actually may be enforcing that rule.

I won't be there til Sat morning as I have a wedding to go to Fri nite

Lawn Cher' said:
Anyone mind if I bring my dog? 4 year old petite female yellow lab, Zandi, loves to ride in the car. Also, what is the camping situation? Is there a particular campground that everyone uses? Is there a group site that we get, or will I need a reservation? Should I bring firewood?

Looking forward to it!

I have no problem with you bringing your dog, but don't worry about firewood. There is plenty around here I can bring. I'm looking forward to meeting you ... we might even be able to convert you into a "Heartland Hick"!

Les

BTW ... where exactly is Summers' Campground?

Back