• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need longer brake lines for front

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I need some longer brake lines for the front of my rig. I think I have the 22" ones from RE but want a little longer as I worry about pulling them off while turning the steering wheel on droop. It is just for insurance, just in case. It looks like RE offers 22" as the longest for the XJ's. http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=233
They have a 28" set for a YJ, what is the difference between the XJ and YJ lines? I figure the banjo end would be the same since the calipers are the same. Maybe the end that goes to the hard line has a different thread or size or something? Thanks.

-Mike

Wouldn't they work since everyone is getting the factory rubber lines for a YJ and using those with the small lifts?

Last edited:
If you havent already, straighten out the hard line and mount the bracket to the bottom of the "frame" rail that is what i had to do I will have no issues with 7.5" coils, LA's, 32" long DT8000's with 35's.

I have been running factory YJ lines for some time on my 6" lift with 35's. I got a bit worried about them being too short now that I fab'd a long arm setup. I just picked up a set of standard rubber type brake hoses that are about 3-4" longer than the YJ lines that should work fine. Personally I have seen too many SS lines with problems. I don't know how much SS lines cost but I bought both front lines from a local parts store for $40. The other advantage is that if you ever do break one, they are available at any parts store. I haven't measured them but they seem to be about 24" in length.

BH177418 REPLACES H38183
BH177417 REPLACES H38182

One is for the right and one for the left. I found the H-series parts local but some stores need the other number for a cross.

Back