• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more steering/susp. questions...

cito57

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of gathering all the parts for a suspension rebuild. The OEM is starting to get real squishy. I have decided to go with a Rusty's 3" kit. I got all new poly bushings and was going to do the tie rods and ball joints too.
Ball joint question...I was at Napa today pricing everything out and the guy said that there was several different type I could get. One was adjustable and the other was basically stock. What should I get? Is Napa the place to go to get the parts? I don't do a lot of off-roading, so do I need adjustable ball joints? As for removing the stock ball joints, seem I read somewhere not to use a "pickle fork", that I should use a ball joint press. Would you all concur with that? Damn, they are expensive.
Tie rod question...I have a '96 Cherokee Sport. The guy at Napa said that there were two different sizes, 22mm and 1 5/16 I think. Anyone know which size my Jeep uses?
If you can't tell I've never done suspension work before and would appreciate any tips, trick, or ideas. Thanks.

Back