• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front door gasket/weatherstripping

Churchlady

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but found nothing about this. (Maybe because I don't know the proper term.) All mine are all in excellent shape except for an ~8" long section on the driver's doorjamb--& the same to a lesser extent on the front passenger side--where the latch protrusion on the doors hits. Those are split & breaking apart.

Is it necessary to replace the whole gasket or can a piece be successfully spliced in?

If the whole thing must be replaced, is it something I can do or is it a job for a professional? Anyone know approx. what new ones cost?

should be able to DIY fairly easy. As for cost, ive seen go on ebay for about 20 bucks per door.

Imma, are these made specifically for certain cars or is the gasket a universal type you buy by the length you need? What do I search for on eBay?

np, IF you get some, let me know how they turn out. I will be needing some very soon.

Back