• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fairlead ?

mike86xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a warn m12000 that i'm building a bumper for and was wondering how high (compared to the mounting base of the winch)should i mount the fairlead (standard hawse not roller).
I'm currently waiting on parts for it and the cable is a bit loose on the drum so I cant guesstimate as of yet.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike

The bottom inside edge of the fairlead should be level with the bottom of the wire spool.

level with the bottom of the wire when wrapped tight on the drum right.
the problem is the wire is a bit loose and I cant tighten it right now because I'm waiting for the motor drive coupler

so I was hoping someone who has one could give me a measurement

but thanks for that idea

Mike

Well, this is how the winch plates we make for a Springs-based, well-known 4x4 shop:

The bottom of the 2" tall x 8" wide hole is at 1.5" off the mounting plate.

They also sell billet hawse fairleads, so I would assume (uh-oh) that this is a correct placement for the hole. Hope this helps a little. Or, just walk up to someone's bumper and pull a tape on the fairlead mount!

-Rich

Back