• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 3.5" super ride

01XJLMTD

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what length shocks I should run with this lift. I have
245-75-16 mtr tires on a 2001 xj. The kit came with shocks but they seem to be a bit long in the front..

Need more info on your shocks. Typically a shock designed for a 3"-4" lift should work. This kit doesn't typically come with shocks. I just got mine and am running es3000's on it. If you have the same shocks we can compare parts numbers. Other wise, a quick internet search for the shocks you have should tell what height of lift they are for (and which ones you should have--who knows, they maybe the right shocks). The manufacturer's websites or a quick call to them will let you know if you've got the right setup or not.

Good luck.

clay

I measured some take-offs from an old Rusty's 3" lift:
compressed 15 1/2"
extended 24 3/4"
length at ride height ~20"
travel 9 1/4"

The Rancho RSX17339 I have on order for 4"+ lift are:
compressed 15 3/4"
extended 26 1/8"
length at ride height (4 1/2" lift) 21 1/2"
travel 10 3/8"

When I was running that lift I used Rancho 9128(front) 12.75-20.5" and 9129(rear) 12.75-19.875".They were perfect for that lift!

The Shocks I Got With The Kit Are Dt3000 Pn. 3354 For The Front.
I'll Have To Measure The Shocks But From Everything I Find. These Shocks Are Listed For 3-4" Lifts, But They Always Listed It For
Tj's. I May Just Be Paranoid. They Look Fine And Ride Fine Just Worried About Limited Up Travel.

Back