• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Enough with the rain already....

Ivan

I Jeep, therefore, I am..
While most parts of the nation are experiencing drought conditions, we've had one of our wettest seasons ever. In the month of April alone, we've had nearly 11" of rain.... 2" is normal for April. Out of the 30 days in April, it's rained at one time or another in 23 of those days. Year to date rain total is just over 51"... 36" YTD is normal. April alone has accounted for 20% of annual rainfall total thus far. I predict we'll break 60" once the rain season ends in June.

My front yard (north facing) is a swamp... no way of getting a lawn mower through, as it will sink. Back yard is barely walkable... I did manage to mow it about 2 weeks ago, but I left some furrows with the mower wheels. :(

Despite it all, I wouldn't trade it away for anything. There's something to be said for living amongst 250 ft tall plus redwood trees that makes it all worth while. The one tree you see just to the right of my house... that's only a third of it :)

Ivan

fcd6bfdd.jpg

I know what you are saying Ivan......the winter vegetables I planted 2 months ago haven't even had the chance to get past seedling stage because they keep getting covered in snow.

I've got to check my rain totals, but I know April has been very wet, and freakin' cold.

CRASH

Ivan,
Another wet one this weekend. Predicting the heaviest rains tonight with low snow levels.

Should make the Lost Coast muddy later this month.

Back