• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driver's door master power accesory switch relocation

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
well i'm sick of squeezing my a$$ out of that little window on the XJ to spot my front wheel on obstacles.. so i scored some sexy half-doors last week.. my dilema was that i have an XJ "limited" with all the power stuff worked thru 1 master panel on my drivers door.. with a huge harness that goes thru the jamb.. rather than disconnect the harness each time (and lose the use of the rear power windows) i found that the master switch was exactly the same size as the switch-panel on the left side of the steering column that holds the rear wiper and rear defogger control switches, since these were basically non-functional since the rear hatch replacement i worked the master switch harness back from the door up thru the dash to the now-empty rocker switch recess in the dash trim... the actual master switch fits exactly into the square hole with noe trimming or anything and i used the trim panel from the door installation to make it snug.. now when i slap on the half-doors i can still use the power windows in the rear.. the only mods i did to the wires that go into the front doors are just simple male-female connectors for quick removal.. now i just need to modify the existing hinges to lift-off and i'm golden... we'll be running 1/2 doors on the trail this weekend... WOOHOO!!!

and no.. the 1/2 doors arent on yet, but this is the first step....

standard

standard

NICE!. I was going to relocate mine when I transfer all the hardware from my 90 to my 91. Now I have an optional place!.

That's a good job, Mike. I like how you did that. Now I can do mine. It sure is a pain in the ass to carry the whole dors out of the garage just to roll the rear windows up or down.

it was surprisingly ease to do.. just had to figure out the spaghetti-mess of wires since it is actually 4 harnesses you are working with in the doors... i also added plug-connectors to the speaker wires so my only speaker still works..

mike

awsome I was gonna do mine this weekend but I was gonna put them in the front speaker spot but I like yours better thanks man
DIG IT!5r

Nice install! I've got all the power stuff on mine as well. When you get the 1/2 doors on please post some pics.

Robert

Back