• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window crank knob

Royce

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if there is a HELP! replacement for a knob on the cherokee window cranks. I busted off two of my four and its a pain in the ass cranking the windows up and down. Fi so whats the #!? TIA

There isn't one that matches the appearance directly, but the HELP! knobs will fit and work if you just need to make windows go up and down. Assuming you have a 4-door, you could put the two originals on the front doors and repair the other two with HELP! replacements for the rear doors and after a couple of days you'd never even notice.

I don't really care appearance wise just need two that will fit. prefer all black. Will any of the knobs fit? or is there a specific one that will.

Dunno.

The window cranks just pull off -- take one into Pep Boys or Auto Zone and hold the various HELP! choices up against it to scope out fit. My uneducated guess is that any one of them will fit.

Just pull man pull.:cool:It will come off. I had to get some for my heep a year ago and it only cost me $3 a peice from the dealer.

I think this has to deal with my problem... I got new door skins to put on the doors... how do I get the window knob handles off without busting them? Do I just pull... really really hard? Or is there a better way?

Bdiddy11 said:
I think this has to deal with my problem... I got new door skins to put on the doors... how do I get the window knob handles off without busting them? Do I just pull... really really hard? Or is there a better way?
They just pop on and off. Pull near the round flange where they meet the door skin.

You can get new ones for about $6 each from http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jeep_oem_replacement_parts/body/xj_body.php (part number 27 in the picture) or from http://allchryslerparts.com/

Both of those places even have the right colors.

Last edited:
i had the same issue for awhile i used the rear knobs in the front and since i rarely use the rear windows it was fine

i found the ones i needed at the local pick and pull
the dealer wanted 14 dollars for the handle and the know they didnt sell the know alone

Back