• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed 241OC Roc-trac

Thor

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone.. first post.. Looks like great site glad to be part of it. Installed my new Roc-Trac from JB conversions along with the installed super short SYE into my 91 XJ. But now I need to hook up the speedo sensor.. I have the wiring sorted out but need a good wiring digram other than chiltons to find a good place were I can splice in the 9V needed to power the sensor.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Thor

I did this on my 90, and I had to get a digital speedo from VDO and install that. The sensor runs off of the normal 12 V supply AFAIK. Biggest problem I had was getting a connector from the dealer. I have to say that my installation does not work very well.

Fred

all i did was splice the wires from the 241 case and the wires that plugs into your original 231 and hard wire them together.

not to hi-jack your thread but, i got a question for you guys does your 241or wine loud on the hi-way? i am wondering because mine does and it is loud i want to send it back. i bought it brand new. although it has a 2002 manufacture tag on it and i bought it about 3months ago

Have either of you seen the digram for Jeep Rubicon? I havent but I have a long time friend at jeep and he explained to me that sensor runs of 9v instead of the cherokees 5V. As far as working off 12v that would be great. I will see if I can go to a dealership and get a copy of both digrams. I also tried to get the plug but was told I would have to buy a whole harness. So I have decided to use thin spade terminals and some RTV to keep it all in place and water proof it. The digital speedo is a great idea but does it wire up to your ECU.

As far noise I cant answer that unitill its back on the road. No drive shaft as of now but hopefully soon. Let you know then. I did notice a strange noise when I tipped it slightly foward and rotated the output spline. There was a definate clicking sound. But didnt notice anything while I ran it in the garage through all the gears but that was still without the drive shaft. I would send it back. If it came from JB Conversions John will take care of it I'm sure. He had other units ther that were doing the same thing. Because he offered to sell them to me at half off. hope that helps.

Thanks guys,

Thor

Not being familiar with the 241OR or the sensor you have I can't comment on the need for 9 volts rather than 12 volts. But I don't think you're going to find a 9 volt source in the XJ, so the simple solution is to head for a Radio Shack, buy a resistor that will drop the voltage by 3 to 4 volts (remember the automotive "12 volt" system runs at 13.8 volts) and wire that in series before the wire gets to the sensor.

Back