• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Party!

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to invite anyone in the Roaring Fork Valley or surrouding areas to my house this tuesday and wednesday for a lift party. I live in Snowmass Village, CO. THere will be BBQ, cold beer, snacks, and hopefully my RE 4.5 lift will be on by the end of it. I need anyone who has any expereince lifting a jeep. I have all the sockets(except for the 21mm, but I'm working on it.) I have 2 jackstands and a bottle lift, maybe a floor jack or more jackstands would help. I also need someone with a torque wrench. PM me if your interested. I'm taking beer requests as well.

Wish I was closer! That's the lift going on my '90 in a few weeks (maybe a little more) and it'd be great to have a little practice! Take lots of pics and if you think about it...post any issues that come across your path. Good luck with it!

-Rich

braeden said:
I would like to invite anyone in the Roaring Fork Valley or surrouding areas to my house this tuesday and wednesday for a lift party. I live in Snowmass Village, CO. THere will be BBQ, cold beer, snacks, and hopefully my RE 4.5 lift will be on by the end of it. I need anyone who has any expereince lifting a jeep. I have all the sockets(except for the 21mm, but I'm working on it.) I have 2 jackstands and a bottle lift, maybe a floor jack or more jackstands would help. I also need someone with a torque wrench. PM me if your interested. I'm taking beer requests as well.

Get me a good job in the Roaring Fork Valley and I'll come put your lift on for you for free and you can drink beer and watch :D.

Nay

Sorry, wish I was closer, I'm just finishing up my RE 3.5" (6" actually). Start coating bolt threads with liquid wrench or equivilant and you should be ok. I had to use a come-a-long to position the leaf shackles (or at least it came in handy with all that arch). Still can't figure out how to get that steering stabilizer (tie rod end) loose.

Day one did not happen. No one replied so I visited friends in Boulder for my weekend. I may work on it after work for the next couple of days, any help is still appreciated.

Hmmm....if there's no one aching to make the trek to help you out, maybe you could borrow the facilities at the friends' house in Boulder and I could meet you there. I have a couple friends in Denver and always enjoy the drive and visit. 3 hours is a bit much for me to drive....but up to Boulder would be cool. I know it's an oddball solution, but the offer is out there. Any tools you might need, I bet I will have. Lemme know if it would help you out.

-Rich

Not a bad idea. I may be in boulder next tues/wed. if you really want to go through with this. I have a bud with a cherokee who can help out in Boulder too. The only issue would be the fact that I have work in Snowmass thursday at 7 am, so the car would have to be highway driveable Wed night.

Pablo- sorry tonight didn't work out, but I'm guessing you weren't in SMV because of the rain and all.

Hmmm... I usually work Mon-Thurs nights turning wrenches at a friend's garage, but I'll check if he can spare me for a couple nights. I'll let you know by Saturday PM.

-Rich

Sorry for the delay, but he couldn't get back to me until this afternoon and there is no way I can swing it. I saw your thread about doing it in parts. Maybe that's the best way. Sorry that I couldn't head on up there. Best of luck on it!

-Rich

PS-If something allows you to make a weekend of it, I am there for sure. With my 21 mm tools, pickle fork and torque wrench. No, I am not teasing. Just offering my support and tools when I can.

Back