• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spacer direction

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
first let me apologize because i am about to ask a question i know that has been answered but i cant seem to find it.

just got my BB in today to add to my lift, i just dont know which way the damn spacers go on. i assume flat part against the coil tower and the lip on the spacer pointing down(flat bottom of spacer against the top). thanks for answering and again sorry but i could not find the answer.

Ramsey said:
first let me apologize because i am about to ask a question i know that has been answered but i cant seem to find it.

just got my BB in today to add to my lift, i just dont know which way the damn spacers go on. i assume flat part against the coil tower and the lip on the spacer pointing down(flat bottom of spacer against the top). thanks for answering and again sorry but i could not find the answer.

Correct. The lip part should fit just inside the top coil.
Billy

thanks billy

Autozone or Orielly's rents strut spring compressors, instead of a coil spring compressor (they fit inside the springs).

Sorry for pirating your thread :skull2: arrrr, but if you have a 2" spacer without the flat spot milled or molded into it , do you run into spring problems ?

I started with the flat side if my spacers inboard, but now they have moved one is forward the other is facing out. I've decided that when your twisted enough to get a tire off the ground there isn't any thing keeping them from turning around. So the only thing I'd worry about is getting the top up and the jeep will adjust the rest to it's liking.

Make sure you remove the small factory spacer first, then put on the new spacer, then put the factory on back on. This will increase the life your spacers greatly.

Fergie

Back