• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding to my lift, got some questions.

HEX-J

NAXJA Forum User
I need more lift! I currently have a Skyjacker 3.5 lift, (Front Coils, lower control arms, adjustable trac bar, dropped T-case) and am thinking about getting the Rocky Road Outfitters 2 inch budget lift with the front spacers and rear shackles as well as bar pin eliminators. My question is will this work OK, and what else will I need to make this work? I know I'll need to extend the rear brake lines, will I need a SYE? I'm also debating on 32s or 33s, have 31s now. Will I have any problems clearing either with the added lift? I am getting the Bushwacker flares so I will be doing some hacking. Any feedback would be apreciated.

i have a 3" lift, and will be adding the same budget boost monday, i will let you know what happens.

the question of will u need an sye has been answered many times, it all just depends on you jeep. the older ones are not as prone to the problem but if u are at a true 5.5 inches of lift, most likely you will. 32's will be no problem and 33's should be okay if hack those fenders enough.

im doin the same thing....dont forget the trans drop 1" and the track bar bracket. PM me and i can give you the info on where to get them cheap. I wil be runnin 33s on mine but i plan on hackin the sh#% outa my fenders anyway.

just got through, took forever even with 3 other people, of course none of us knew what we were doing. one of the shackles they sent needed to be drilled out for the bolt to fit and it was 1 in the morning and i had no bit close to big enough. got one from wal mart and snapped it about 3 minutes afterwards. it was worth it though. i have no vibes at all, until about 75-80 i pick up very very slight ones. i usually dont go over 75 anyways so i am good to go. i also dont have the adjustable track bar or t-case drop so you are way ahead of me. i think you will be fine, but of course ymmv. good luck

Thanks for the report. Did you get the bar pin eliminaters with the kit? I take it you kept the same shocks, they seem to handle the extra 2 inches? Is it a pretty noticable difference in height? What size tires are you running or going to run? Sorry about all the questions, I'm getting ready to order the kit, and I've been wondering about all that stuff.

i'm keeping the same shocks for now, have not had a chance to flex it out and see how it does. goin to do that later on today. i did not get the bar pin eliminators but might when i get new shocks. also i did not put the block in, still sits pretty nice. i have 31's with trimmed fenders, goin to fit 33's, probably will need some more bumpstops. they height is a little noticeable from looking at it, but i can feel a difference when driving it, not in a bad way though. i might relocate my brake lines a little lower if needed. let me know how everything goes, and no worries on the ?'s.

Back