• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front right brake wearing faster...

This seems to be a common problem atleast to me... this same thing happens on my 95. One brake wears faster, and locks up earlier than the other...please tell me im not the only one with this problem... the locking occursm most often on my 95 after rain and it has been parked for a little bit, or when i used to drive it, backing out every morning, when i got to the end of the driveway, it would almost always skid... but on my 95 it was the left side(driver). My 2000 has not had nearly as many (or as noticeable) problems as the 95. Any input from others that may have experienced this or similar problems in appreciated. Chad.

kerry who? lol I hate politics, i don't even pay attention to that stuff, but i do know that it's going to suck when democratic convention is here...that's onmy way to the job i'm starting next week, that means going 20 miles out of my way to get to work...they're doing lame arse things like closing major highway routes for hours durring rush hour so that they can have a pretty little line of limos to go home... they can't sit in traffic like the rest of us...ererrrrrrrr

okay carried away... another brake related question since were on the topic, why don't our "self-adjusting" brakes self adjust? they're lubed, greased, freely moving, and yet i have to manually adjust them if i'd like to use rear brakes when i drive...yet another reason for building a d44...

Chad: Self Adjusting Brakes only adjust when you hit the brakes while you are going in reverse. Try backing up several times and come to a full stop each time. If this doesn't adjust them, then something is wrong, too much out of adjustment, sticking star wheel, etc. Don

if it is the rear brakes locking up, try to scuff the drums real well and sand the glazing off the shoes, then clean the dust with brake cleaner, adjus the shoes so they just drag the drum when reinstalled. also if you are having a problem with the front, check the steering knuckel to see if the front pads have worn notches on them where thr front pads ride. this happens from warped rotors constantly moving the pads back and forth all the time while driving.

My experience with front calipers wearing one side more than the other is,the obvious a stuck brake caliper itself or the not so obvious the caliper is not greased properly where it rest on the steering knuckle.Put a good shine on the steering knuckle groove and put fresh grease on.I would also do the other side to make sure.

You should have a pull to that side if caliper is sticking,you didnt mention anything like that ??

Back