• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ- LP D30... If i get vibes after RE 4.5", how do i fix?

I getting ready to purchase my RE 4.5" lift... i am expecting to do a sye and driveshaft, but have heard about vibes from the front shaft with the Low Pinion... if i get these vibes, what if anything can i do to fix it? and as a semi-side note, i knoe i have to do a hack'n'tap because i have the 242...i have read posts, searched, but still did not get a real sure-fire answer as to what companies i should use for the hack'n'tap and driveshaft. thanks for the info...chad

JeepinAudiophile said:
I getting ready to purchase my RE 4.5" lift... i am expecting to do a sye and driveshaft, but have heard about vibes from the front shaft with the Low Pinion... if i get these vibes, what if anything can i do to fix it? and as a semi-side note, i knoe i have to do a hack'n'tap because i have the 242...i have read posts, searched, but still did not get a real sure-fire answer as to what companies i should use for the hack'n'tap and driveshaft. thanks for the info...chad
hack n'tap and driveshaft: RE
vibes up front? if you get adjustable front arms you can use them to rotate the axle slightly

Agreed - h+t through RE for the t-case. Vibes in the front shaft? You're going to have to balance it a bit between proper pinion angle and camber (or is it caster) of the front axle. Adjustable arms will allow you to play with that a bit but you're going to have to rotate the housing forward at least somewhat to get the pinion pointing up. Or you could look for a HP D30 from an earlier (95-99 to get heavier u-joints) XJ.

the 95-99 have stronger u-joints as well? I have a 95 i could swap the axle out of...(read: parent's xj).. i had that thought before but didn't pursue it... Also, i figured on RE for the h+t but, what about the driveshaft? errr... this is getting expensive...I got in an accident, messed up my bumper and stuff...im going to use the $$(minus $500 deductible, ouch) to hopefully pay for my lift, sye, driveshaft... any other goodies that i should allow for that i haven't mentioned(aside from jks discos)? I'm out of work for atleast another week...boy does this suck, how am i supposed to make my jeep burly?

Last edited:
JeepinAudiophile said:
the 95-99 have stronger u-joints as well? I have a 95 i could swap the axle out of...(read: parent's xj).. i had that thought before but didn't pursue it...

they'll never know :firedevil

i'll tell them, that's fine... i'll just tell them i decided to give them the newer axle...that i'm a nice person for it, and that i stand to profit from it in no way...lol

Im running over +6" on a LP30 still!I did have some binding not vibes when it was at about 5" with stock configuration arms.It was the CV,a little Dremel work took care of that!Now w/ LA's no problems at all!

Back