• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paint???

8Mud

NAXJA Forum User
Daughter came home with some paint (hardener and thinner) from a friend that works at a body shop. I´m not familiar with. The Brand is Standox, the base coat is Standocryl.
Question is, in a generic way, how long should I let the base coat cure, before spraying the clear coat? And should I wipe down trhe base coat, before spraying the clear coat?
I tried looking up the specifics, on the web. Not much information available. Really don´t know what the properties of the paint are, probably a acrylic urethane.
Any help would be appreciated. I haven´t sprayed any clear coat, in decades.

Wait about 24 hrs after spraying base coat but definatly no longer than 48 hrs before spraying the clear coat. Just lightly wipe the base coat with a tack cloth before spraying the clear.

Thanx for the link, exactly what I was looking for (for hours). I´ve sprayed Spies Hecker before, guess it will act pretty much the same way. Always get antsy working with a new material, never know exacty what to expect. Guy gave us a can of clear coat and hardener, part of the Jeep color program I guess. If the ground coat comes out gloss, do I have to deglaze it before spraying the clear, do you think?

Back