• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE6025 Leary about front install

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
This kit does not include front brake line extension. The instructions mention to "straighten the existing hardline" this I'm leary on doing as I would not want to break or kink it.

I know from searching that I can just purchase YJ front rubber line.

Q: Do I need one or two?
Q: If just one, does it matter if it is right or left YJ line?

ThanX

You can straighten the hard line, but only so far. The YJ lines will get you a good bit more slack. You want both L and R.

Thanks - I'm installing a RE 6025 also and wondering the same thing. I have a question about the rear shocks if you don't mind - how do I remove the sleeve from the bottom of the shock? I've never installed a pair that had to be modified first.

Thanks,
Michel :wave:

Jeep said:
Thanks - I'm installing a RE 6025 also and wondering the same thing. I have a question about the rear shocks if you don't mind - how do I remove the sleeve from the bottom of the shock? I've never installed a pair that had to be modified first.

Thanks,
Michel :wave:

Did you get the DTS3000's with your kit? If so the shock should have just the red bushing on it and the shock mount bolt should not have a sleeve on it.

When I removed my original shocks there was no sleeve left behind.

If it does then that is the sleeve from the previous shock that was removed.
Spray it with PB and then use vise grips and twist it off.

MattBlackXJ said:
You can straighten the hard line, but only so far. The YJ lines will get you a good bit more slack. You want both L and R.

Is there a certain lenght I should look for?

I've been offered a set ($25) from a parts 90YJ.

YJ front lines are about 3" longer than XJ lines. 1990 and 1995 YJ non ABS lines work fine. The rear YJ lines are only 1/2" shorter than the SS brakelines that RE sells with their 5.5" kit. I don't remember what lift height the RE 6025 kit is, but YJ front shocks will work great for the front for 2-4" of lift. You might read my homebrew budget boost article that has some great information on installing a kit as well as good information on shocks from other vehicles that work on the XJ. http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

Back