• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Hose QD

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
Is there an O-ring inside of the QD on the tranny line where it hooks to the Radiator ? Mine is leaking after the body shop put it back together. Can you cut the QD off and just run a hose clamp with no problems ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
After $2500 to the body shop I'm running short on cash. I can replace it down the road.

You can get a O-ring kit at the dealership, and maybe even at NAPA to fix that, if it's the connection. And it's not just "a" ring, it's a sandwhich: O-ring, spacer, O-ring. And it includes the piece to insert the new rings and the clip that locks it to the tube. Aside from spilling the fluid, to me it was really and easy fix.

Now, when I put the trans cooler in, I did away with this quick connects and just clamped the hoses onto the old fittings. No leaks yet, and its' been several months.

Back