• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man EMU question

Ron Hyslop

NAXJA Forum User
Just put OME 930 coils and shocks up front on my 87XJ, 4.oL, AW-4. The top of the right side sway bar link is very close to the coil spring, about 1/2 inch. The top of the left side sway bar link looks normal, about 1 3/4inch from the coil. The car sits level. Measuring from the center of the hub to he bottom of the fender flare is 19 1/4 inches, within an 1/8 inch, on the other side. Upon close examination of the right coil, it has a slight arc toward the front where as the left coil is straight. Any body have any idea why they're not symetrical and how important?

That has come up alot.It appears thats the way they are made.Do check your trackbar alingment though,that may correct some of the problem.My son was the first to notice it on mine!

also if you completely tighten one sway bar link before ya do the other it is more likely to come out a little crooked as well, if ya get them both snug, adjust them then torque down, it will make a difference.

Eric

The sway bar links on my 01xj with up country option are about an inch longer than on my 87 with stock suspention. I think i'll try putting longer ones on and see if that helps.

When you installed the new coils, did you make certain the lower ends were dropped into the recesses they are supposed to fit into?

Yes, bottom of coils are in the recess'. Long time Jeep tech at my small town dealer told me to loosen up the track bar at axle connection an jump upand down on the bumper a couple and then retighten. Will try that tomorrow. Thanks for all the advise!

Back