• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help ASAP

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
ok I have my XJ ready to lift, it's on the lift even as we speak, but I can't figure out the t-case drop. I got the Rusty's 3" AAL kit, and his t-case drop kit. I know what all the springs and big parts are, but I have a bag of round discs and a bag of bushing type things with a few little pieces of like pipe with flattened and drilled ends. what is this stuff? is it lift parts, or t-case parts? It says i got the lift and t-case drop, but I don't have any instructions whatsoever for the drop, so Im stuck until I found out what to do. Help? Please?!?
Thanks
Ryan

The discs sound like the transfer case drop. That's basically spacers that fit between the frame and the cross member.

Did you buy his shocks? If so, the pipes with flattened ends are probably the bar pins. Are there four of them? They go in the lower end of the front shocks and the upper end of the rear shocks.

Yes I have his shocks, and yes there are 4 of them. 2 have holes drilled, 2 have slots on the ends the same size as the holes. Any ideas as to which go where? or any ideas about the bushing type things? they are packaged with the little bar pins, safe to assume they are used in the lift?

Thanks
Ryan

Go to Rusty's website and see if you can find some directions to install this box o' parts. If they aren't on that site, try Rubicon Express, they have instructions on their website and I would figure that they are basically the same parts.

Back