• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need S-10 leaf rear lift info

xjfish

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a new pair of 4x4 s-10 leaf springs off ebay to use for lifting the rear of my xj. They have a very nice arch to them and using the whole pack would be nice but i don't want that much lift. I'm looking for about 4" and a nice slightly firmer flexy ride. I know there has been a few writeups on s-10 leaves (I have already read lunghds budjet dakota page witch witch was very good btw) Looking for specific s-10 stuff. I know someone recently just posted their lift done with chevy springs but I couldn't seem to find it.

Spring order? Opinions? Reccomendations? Thanks in advance for any help!

xjfish said:
I just bought a new pair of 4x4 s-10 leaf springs off ebay to use for lifting the rear of my xj. They have a very nice arch to them and using the whole pack would be nice but i don't want that much lift. I'm looking for about 4" and a nice slightly firmer flexy ride. I know there has been a few writeups on s-10 leaves (I have already read lunghds budjet dakota page witch witch was very good btw) Looking for specific s-10 stuff. I know someone recently just posted their lift done with chevy springs but I couldn't seem to find it.

Spring order? Opinions? Reccomendations? Thanks in advance for any help!

Proceed as you would with a Dakota Spring Pack (cut eyes off S-10 main leaf and add entire pack to XJ main leaf). You will have to see what you get and remove leafs from there to get your desired height/combination. If you want a firmer ride, I would say keep the thicker, longer leafs. Make sure and keep the lift a little higher than what you want as it may sag with time.

Good Luck,

Kevin

JeepTherapy said:
Proceed as you would with a Dakota Spring Pack (cut eyes off S-10 main leaf and add entire pack to XJ main leaf). You will have to see what you get and remove leafs from there to get your desired height/combination. If you want a firmer ride, I would say keep the thicker, longer leafs. Make sure and keep the lift a little higher than what you want as it may sag with time.

Good Luck,

Kevin

As per Jeep Therapy, I have put the main leaf in my pack and the result was about 5.5" with a very well used main leaf (I know because I personaly put 480k on the S-10) just FYI.

Thanks. Yeah its looking like I would get about 6" or maybe more if I used the entire new packs. I only want about 4". I know people have mixed and matched them before and was wondering what the best combo would be. Guess I'll just mix and match when I get the chance and see what looks right.

Back