• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which mod next ARG or others?

olympic4x4tech

NAXJA Forum User
I have the opportunity to get an ARG box and pump at a good deal. Is it worth it? The other mod i would like to do is replace my starter and altinator with ones from mean green. Which mod should i go with or are there any other suggestions. I already have all the lift, tires, and protection i could possibly need.

You don't need either, just send your money to me.

seriously, how are we supposed to answer that question?!?!?! we don't know if it's worth it, you didn't say a price! do you have any problems with your steering, starter or alternator? let's try and make a MORE vague post...

Nothing has been wrong. I did have the ps pump go out last year. no probelms since then. What i was trying to say.. is the arg all as good as it is claimed? Basically anyhting i upgrade on my jeep gets donated to another project i am working on and i would rather have the better stuff on my XJ. This isnt about what cost X amount VS. Y its about getting some suggestions.

Okay, I have a stock steering box with an AGR Super Pump. Got a good deal on it. Works great. I think more so than stock. As for the steering box, kind of over priced for a stock rebuild that any good shop can do. So money could be spend else where. I have a Mean Green starter. Very nice, quick start up. Have had it over 3 years now with out fail or problems. I would say worth the money. As for the altinator, there are a ton of other ones out there that make more or as much juice as the Mean Green for half the price. I have a Powermaster on mine. But still switch back to the stock one every now and again to check the Powermaster out. It was sent back once because with lights, air, and radio on the volt gauge would drop to just about the red and the lights would dim. So its up to you. I would go for the Mean Green Starter, AGR Super Pump, and get a shop to rebuild your steering box or leave it until it fails or shows signs of wear. For the alitnator, if your running on board air, winch an a super radio system than sure it is needed. But for a few lights and a stock setup will work great. I run an Optima Red Top, Jeepers Creepers Battery cables and don't have a problem now that the Power Master is running great but I didn't have one with the stock alt. So I kind of wasted my money. I used to think that throwing money to upgrade was a good idea, but the stock parts are pretty/really good so I now just replace with stock. Why reinvent the wheel. Just my thoughts. Juice

Back