• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superlift Truspeed question

mandrums

NAXJA Forum User
I just tried to put on the Superlift Truspeed sensor because of getting new tires on my 97 XJ sport. We put the thing on right behind the transfer case at the speed sensor which is where it said that it would have to be wired up at. It didn't work. After that we moved up to the engine to the main wiring harness to wire it through there and still the speedometer didn't work at all. So, we tried wiring it back the way it was stock and now the speedometer doesn't work at all. It still shifts fine and everything is working fine but the speedometer just doesn't work. Has anyone put one of these on their XJ and can tell me where the thing needs to be wired up at and does anybody have any ideas on why the speedometer isn't working at all now?

mandrums said:
I just tried to put on the Superlift Truspeed sensor because of getting new tires on my 97 XJ sport. We put the thing on right behind the transfer case at the speed sensor which is where it said that it would have to be wired up at. It didn't work. After that we moved up to the engine to the main wiring harness to wire it through there and still the speedometer didn't work at all. So, we tried wiring it back the way it was stock and now the speedometer doesn't work at all. It still shifts fine and everything is working fine but the speedometer just doesn't work. Has anyone put one of these on their XJ and can tell me where the thing needs to be wired up at and does anybody have any ideas on why the speedometer isn't working at all now?

Why didn't you just get a lower speedo gear?

Wondered the same thing...get a refund on the Truspeed sensor thingy and drop a couple bucks on the correct speedo gear. Of course, if it's a 34 or a 31 that you need, I've got one of each..

Back