• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seatbelt buzzer/light

tireroastin93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
All of a sudden my seatbelt buzzer/light on my 93 are staying on all the time. The buzzer will shut off when I hook up the drivers side seatbelt but the light will stay on. After unhooking the seatbelt, the buzzer comes back on. I'm going to unhook them, but I'm just curious about what might be causing this and if it's an easy fix.

Mike Harris

Mine does this after driving in the rain too much. Pinpointed the propblem to the chime module. (Red box under dash above driver's kickpanel)

Someone had hacked at my driver's door wiring harness and now it lets water in this water leaks into the chime/warning unit and shorts out a transistor. This is what makes the light go on, mine will also chime weirdly and or chime but never chut off just a constant riiinnngggggggggggggg.

You can pull the red bosx out and lose your chime/seatbelt. i noticed on my jeepo when i did this i lost the ability to power LOCK the doors! i can unlock no prob but the lock quits without that box in there. Some crappy way for Chrysler to force you to keep the box in??!!

I dried mine out and now it's fine. YMMV

Back