• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Coil Q

SVT

NAXJA Forum User
Yes I am a NAXJA forum freak, I spend countless hours looking at rigs & peoples set ups & seeing whats working. I just get to the point of wow, theres a lot of posts out there, but my question is on front coils, what is working good & what are some coils to stay away from. I have narrowed my search efforts down to 4 manufaturers. R.E ,Sky, RockKrawler & Rusty's
I am looking at approx 6" of coil for front. Presently I have Pro Comp 3" coils with some 2 inch spacers. but I am looking at going to a bigger coil & stiffer. I want a coil that is going to last, that has good flex ,some what stiff (for towing) & somthing that is going to last, local shops are pointing me towards Sky Jacker, but are the other 3 options just as good. I know the Sky's cost the most, but are they worth it. And lastly which coil is the "Best Bang For the $" ? Thanks for your time :read:

SVT said:
Yes I am a NAXJA forum freak, I spend countless hours looking at rigs & peoples set ups & seeing whats working. I just get to the point of wow, theres a lot of posts out there, but my question is on front coils, what is working good & what are some coils to stay away from. I have narrowed my search efforts down to 4 manufaturers. R.E ,Sky, RockKrawler & Rusty's
I am looking at approx 6" of coil for front. Presently I have Pro Comp 3" coils with some 2 inch spacers. but I am looking at going to a bigger coil & stiffer. I want a coil that is going to last, that has good flex ,some what stiff (for towing) & somthing that is going to last, local shops are pointing me towards Sky Jacker, but are the other 3 options just as good. I know the Sky's cost the most, but are they worth it. And lastly which coil is the "Best Bang For the $" ? Thanks for your time :read:

I only have experience with the RE 4.5 ZJ coil (of the ones you mentioned), and it has been a very good coil. Should give the amount of lift you want, is stiffer than most coils, yet rides and flexes very well. I use mine hard, it hasn't seemed to sag at all. Many people have been very happy with this coil. It looks like the SJ coil is a little stiffer, and it would be the one I would try next if I changed coils, but their 8" coil gives more lift than I would want, and also what you've said you want. I don't know about shorter SJ coils (if they make them), but they may not be a stiff as the 8" coil.

I ran the RE 4.5" ZJ coils (6" on an XJ) for a few years and really liked them. So much so that my current setup is modeled with the same spring rate. The RE coils are a bit stiffer than stock & flex really well with no sag issues, not to mention the price is right at about $180 for the pair.

-jb

I know this is hasta ,but thanks guys for your input, I guess it really comes down to were I can find the better deal. But its between Sj & Re. So the Re springs are actually ZJ springs & they do give a full 6" , Thats cool

You didnt say anything about your rear spring set-up!I run the RE front ZJ springs and love them I just cant stand the rear!

Back