• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grinding the coil bucket for more LCA room...

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of the Rancho square LCAs. They work just fine as they are, and with the lift I have. However, they really limit the droop when they contact the coil bucket.

How much can I grind off of the coil bucket without weakening it to the point of danger?

I am just looking to get some more clearance as my budget doesnt include new CAs. Any and all input and other ideas are greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Fergie

I took a plasma torch and blased off all the metal practically to the coil. Go for it.

Ditto.......go for it. Forget the grinder, use the cutoff wheel or a sawzall. Look at it, and use good judgement leaving enough for the shock mount to be strong enough. Just remember, now your shock, track bar, and steering joints (brake lines) will limit your droop if you cut a bunch off. You could cut/grind in a couple of steps and check your droop against the other components, if you want to go through that much work........which is really the way to do it.

Brake lines wont limit my droop as I have longer ones, YJ lines. My shocks are OME with BPEs, and have tons of droop left in them. Track bar wont be the limit as I have a Tera one coming on Tuesday.

The only thing limiting my droop right now is the darn LCAs.

What I think I am going to do is use a Sharpie to mark out where I need to grind/cut and then go from there by unbolting the body end and testing where the arms hit.

Thanks for the assurance that this isnt sme cockamamey idea.

Fergie

Back