• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear sag advice

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
my xj has 4.5 inches of lift in the front, not sagging really, and has 3 inch aal, 1.5 inch shackle, and one inch block. but its at like 3.5 in the rear. i was gonna just putn in a two inch block, even tho i knows its not the best route but i will be getting 33's here soon so i want it even. is there a route as cheap as a bigger block i can go. i am pretty much broke and can dish out aroun 50 bucks for the rear. i was gonna try dakotas but cant afford to but the leave packs even.
jsut wondering if there is another way.
thanks for the input

Is there a spring shop near you? If so have your leafs re-arched. It's not the best way, (new springs) but it's cheap.

You aren't going to like me, but if you can't afford to fix the springs right, how can you afford the 33" tires? You're only going to cause bigger problems for yourself. The added blocks will fatigue the springs faster, and the additional stresses imposed by trying to get those bigger tires rolling (and stopped) only make this worse. If you can't afford at least a set of junkyard springs to use for AALs, you simply shouldn't even be thinking of moving up to 33s.

Have to agree with Eagle on this one. New rear springs are not that expesive especially compared to 33" rubber (even if the 33" rubber is used). I just removed my lift shackles because I am running a spring pack with an AAL and the shackle angle was brutal with a ride to match.... basically no flex at all and completely useless off road.

If you cant afford new I am sure there are lots of used sets of springs out there from guys who are going taller. Besides by the time you add up the money you have in the AAL, lift block and extended shackles you would probably have enough for a good used set of springs

Dell,

Got the springs in your home town $80.00 pair from a dakota. Told you couple weeks ago... You and I both know that a 33 is worth more than THAT !!

Back