• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition Question

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody tried the Firepower Ignition thats on Quadratec's web site and Catalog and is it worth that much? I'm planning on adding a drop K&N and would get that kit in black to keep it stealthy (as Rodger Moore said in Cannonball Run "Why Advertise")

I haven’t tried the Firepower set up, but I’ve been using an MSD 5 and Axcell super coil. They were good for 2 mpg apiece and feel like it has more power.

The factory ignition is a high output ignition. Aftermarket ignitions in XJs are a waste of money. Just buy a good set of Mopar Performance or MagnaCore spark plug wires and call it a day.

Eagle said:
The factory ignition is a high output ignition. Aftermarket ignitions in XJs are a waste of money. Just buy a good set of Mopar Performance or MagnaCore spark plug wires and call it a day.

is this the case for all year XJs though? I've got an '89 non-HO engine and am looking into either the Firepower Ignition kit or a catback to gain back some MPGs

Buy the Dynomax cat back - it does give more power - and as Eagle (Far Far away Eagle) says - the MOPAR Performance wires work fine on 89's - I have them on my 89 stroker and it makes power to 5300 RPM on the chassis dyno.

Back