• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offroad lighting

collegeoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone had success in mounting lights just above the side mirrors (windshield light mounts), like many do on the TJ? I haven't ever seen light mount brackets to put a couple spotlights up on the pilars, but maybe I just haven't searched hard enough? :dunno:

Last edited:
ive seen people make custom brackets for it, which is what you may have to do as i have never seen a manufactured one either (maybe somebody else has :dunno: ). anyway, i was thinking about getting one of those spotlights they had on law enforcement cherokees. you can point those things all over the place AND from inside the cab.

Farmer matt ran extensions off his roof rack down alongside the A pillars and mounted lights there. Looks pretty slick...

small pederson said:
ive seen people make custom brackets for it, which is what you may have to do as i have never seen a manufactured one either (maybe somebody else has :dunno: ). anyway, i was thinking about getting one of those spotlights they had on law enforcement cherokees. you can point those things all over the place AND from inside the cab.

You can also get HID upgrades for some of the spotlights.

I personally will probably be going with a similar setup since you can control where it shines, granted this might also be more prone to damage on the trail, I still think it's worth it because you can control where it shines.

railroadjeep said:
I personally will probably be going with a similar setup since you can control where it shines, granted this might also be more prone to damage on the trail, I still think it's worth it because you can control where it shines.

Years ago, I remember seeing the same set up with the light on top of the roof. I think the local REMC used them in their trucks to check power lines.

Les

small pederson said:

would you have to pick up the bracket from a police auction? I assume there must be some sort of company that makes 'em for the jeep if the police have 'em, but I haven't been able to find anything yet...

i made brackets that attach under the mirror mounting flange, i attached a pair of hella 500's on them...had em on a few months...so far workin good, and i think they look good....

collegeoffroad said:
would you have to pick up the bracket from a police auction? I assume there must be some sort of company that makes 'em for the jeep if the police have 'em, but I haven't been able to find anything yet...

thats a damn fine question. if i could find em id have em

collegeoffroad said:
thanks for the help :thumbup: Anyone out there know where I might be able to find the police spotlight brackets for the XJ?
try a search for Gauls [not shure on the spelling] on yahoo [or engine of your choice] they might have somthing like that. they cater to services like that.

great find!!! looks like ill be doing that in the next 2 weeks, thanks, ill buy you a beer someday :cheers:

9.jpg

i got this setup (light and install kit) from galls.com. i've had it on for over a year and would do it again without hesitation :D you need a good size drill bit (1/2" or 5/8".. can't remember shich for sure).

now i just have to figure out how to make it work around a cage :rattle:

Back