• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock stud extenders

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
I just accidentally added another inch of lift in the front, and my rear shocks are just barely limiting my droop, so I am going to raise my rear shock mounts and in the front, make some shock extensions ala gojeeps website.
I don't have access to any tools right now, so I was wondering what everyone thinks of those shock stud extenders you find at autozone. Seems like they are for street lifts only. Should I worry about over stressing the shock stud? Admittedly, I already have them on as a temporary fix. As of right now, they extend the length of the shock about 3/4 inch too much. What should I look out for, or are these not quite as bad as they seem?

I ran some for a while with stock front shocks and 3" of lift. worked fine. i didnt do any hard wheeling with them, but they did fine for me. I replaced them 6 mo. later because my shocks were limiting my flex severely

Brad

I ran them for almost a year since the 3" shocks were to limiting. i did cut the shock stud down and rethread it so the extender sat against the welded washer. i beat the snot out of them including using them as bumpstops.

Same as above, I ran them for about a year without problems.

Back