• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do with axel

94_2wdcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all

I took off my leaf springs on the back and i looked on the axel and on the driver side there wasnt a center pin. What iam refering to as the center pin is the pin that sits on top of the axel and the leaf springs go on the pin. What can i do to put another one on it? Or will i have to buy a whole new axel?

All input appreciated
Dylan

94_2wdcherokee said:
Hey all

I took off my leaf springs on the back and i looked on the axel and on the driver side there wasnt a center pin. What iam refering to as the center pin is the pin that sits on top of the axel and the leaf springs go on the pin. What can i do to put another one on it? Or will i have to buy a whole new axel?

All input appreciated
Dylan

The center pins bolt to the leaf springs, then the head of the center pin sits in the hole in the spring perch of the axle. Your axle is fine.

You can buy new center pins really cheap, or get a grade 8, bolt to run through the leaf pack with the hex side down(may have grind down the edges), but the pins, you should be able to get at any 4X shop.

I've picked up Leaf Spring Center Bolts at NAPA. They have 5/16" and 3/8" dia. bolts at various lengths. You need 5/16" dia. bolts and make sure you get the nuts for them. Get several and don't worry of they are too long. You can cut them off after you bolt the pack together. Cost should be about $3 each. I had to explain to the guy at the counter exactly what I wanted though, so be prepared to describe them. I told him it is a 5/16" fine threaded bolt with a round head (like an allen bolt) and has a slot in the head for a screw driver. After I told him that, he knew what I wanted.

Les

Back