• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C to OBA, Electric Fan No Go?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 XJ and converted my A/C over to OBA, so all the A/C stuff is removed. If I turn on the A/C or the Jeep heats up to 220 to electric fan doesn't kick in. I noticed there was a 2 prong plug that went to an A/C canister and now it doesn't go to anything. Does this connector need a wire between the 2 connections? I checked it with a 12 volt light and neither of them came up hot so I didn't think it would matter. I currently just use the manual switch that I wired for trail use to turn the fan on and off but was trying to get it so I don't need to bother watching the temp gauge and flicking a switch while driving around town. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Mike

Nobody has any input? So all those who've done this I guess just run a manual switch?

-Mike

Big Jeep 101 said:
Nobody has any input? So all those who've done this I guess just run a manual switch?

-Mike

I think you might have a different problem as AFAIK that connector is just used to power the fan when AC comes on (with AC on, the fan is supposed to run constant or something close to it). ANyways has your fan worked properly before? If so, when is the last time you remember it turning on @ the higher temps without the AC being on?

I have the same set-up, you need to connect the two terminals in the connection. I ran a wire from one into a switch and then back to the other one so when I turn the A/C on I have to switch the switch the fill up the tank.

What does that switch have to do with filling up the tank? I am looking to get the fan to come on automatically when either the a/c is turned on or when it reaces a certain temp. I know the fan used to turn on when I had the a/c on right before I did the swap and it also came on when it reached 220. So the only other thing I can think of is the connector is what is keeping it from turning on. Is there a fuse or anything else in line to the fan?

-Mike

Back