• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hurry help, steering stabilizer

BFH and beat the snott out of it it is a tapered fit.

2offroad said:
BFH and beat the snott out of it it is a tapered fit.

Don't hit the end of the stud directly with the hammer. Try to get some tension on it if you can (a puller or pickle fork is best, but otherwise, even a steel lever held by someone else) and then beat on the side of the part that has the hole in it. The heaviest steel BFH you can swing in the space. It should pop out eventually.

Matthew Currie said:
Don't hit the end of the stud directly with the hammer. Try to get some tension on it if you can (a puller or pickle fork is best, but otherwise, even a steel lever held by someone else) and then beat on the side of the part that has the hole in it. The heaviest steel BFH you can swing in the space. It should pop out eventually.

Nod, when you hit the threaded end, it mushrooms pretty easily. My buddy was muttering something about a pickle fork (tapered wedge of metal with a handle that applies even pressure on either side of the threaded stud/bolt) when mine happened to pop free.

And don't be standing in front of it when it lets go or have anything breakable for about 30 feet. I had a shop take mine out after I almost killed myself trying to get the OEM one out, in the driveway and up on jackstands. The put it up on a lift and when that puppy let go it shot about 30 ft across the shop. If it had done that in my driveway my wifes olds would have had a new hole in the trunk I think... her car was about 10ft in front of my XJ...

Back