• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires, rims, 15 or 16 ?... advice

wek91xj

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any disadvantage to running 16 x 8 rims? as to 15 x 8?.... im getting BFG liberator a/t's... and the biggest tires they carry for the 15 inch rim is a 31 10.50..... so im planning on getting the 285/70R/16 which are about 32 1/2 inches.... i was planning on getting new rims either way, but wanted to check on this first.... thanks for any help/suggestions

The only real disadvantage is tire price and availability. When I finally go to 35s I'll be getting 16X8 rims.

Jes

i didnt mean bfg... i meant walmart- liberator A/t... well the 16 x 8 rims are only 15 bucks more a peice and i probably will not upgrade my tire size for a good while.... these tires have a 40,000 mile warranty on them too so.... for 96 bucks a peice per tire and 40 per rim.... thats not bad

If you like 'em then go for it. Just remember that if you cut one and need it replaced a lot of tire shops don't regularly carry tires in a 16" flavor, although that has been changing lately since they've become more popular.

Jes

You already seem to be leaning to 16s. In your favor then is the possibility down the road of converting to WJ knuckles and brakes to get high steer and dual-piston calipers as well as a larger rotor. Need 16s to clear that without needing to grind on the calipers a good bit.

well the only reason im leaning towards them is because these are the cheapest tires with a warranty and somewhat agressicve tread... and they only come on 16 inch rims in the size i need

Back