• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this the solution for overheating?

herreraxto said:
yesterday was surfing the net and found at www.madxj.com a cheap modification from close to open cooling system i just want to know if someone of you all tried this or if you recomend me this or not
It doesn't put the radiator cap above the entire system (although you can route it to be close), and it doesn't in any way enhance or improve the cooling. If your plastic pressure bottle is split, this is an alternative to just replacing the bottle. Is it "the cure" for overheating? No.

i think i better get a 3 row radiatior and burp the system i dont have any major problems with it but i just want to improve the cooling system

I recommend a secondary electric fan if you don't already have one. It will make more difference than just about anything.

Lebaron hood vents should help. They helped mine are it is awesome to see all the heat rising out of them on the trail/stuck in traffic. They also give you a custom look. They look alot better on an xj than the vehicle they came off of that's for sure.

Back