• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone measure their JKS/ORGS boomerang shackle for me?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to figure out what shackle will work best with my suspension. So if someone can get the measurements according to the attached pic, it would be greatly appreciated. :wantyou: As you can see one of the main things is how far the rear bolt hole kicks back from the centerline of the top hole. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

shacklesjksmeas.jpg

Last edited:
Mark Hinkley said:
2" longer than stock.

mark

2" longer leafs? or 2" longer shackle(i.e. provides approx. 1" of lift)? I'm probably going to pick up a set myself here soon, and was going to ask the same questions.

Ary

do the boomerang shackles bow outward(toward the rear/front)? and does that allow for a larger leaf pack that will not arc as much. For instance can i run a custom 9 inch leaf pack and not have as much arch but still get close to 9 inches?

Safari Ary said:
2" longer leafs? or 2" longer shackle(i.e. provides approx. 1" of lift)? I'm probably going to pick up a set myself here soon, and was going to ask the same questions.

Ary

These shackles provide 1" of lift and are designed to mount up to leaf springs that are an inch or so longer than stock, i.e, the top of the shackle sits vertical and the dogleg provides the mount for the extra spring length, thereby allowing more travel to the rear.

Having tried both, I personally have found that a set of RE 1" shackles with the half moon clearanced out another inch towards the bottom of the shackle provide a lot more travel than boomerangs...they never hit the shackle box and travel is only limited by the spring hitting the sheet metal in front of the bumper, or in my case, restricted travel due to spring stiffness (BIGoffroad 6" springs).

Nay

Nay said:
These shackles provide 1" of lift and are designed to mount up to leaf springs that are an inch or so longer than stock, i.e, the top of the shackle sits vertical and the dogleg provides the mount for the extra spring length, thereby allowing more travel to the rear.

Having tried both, I personally have found that a set of RE 1" shackles with the half moon clearanced out another inch towards the bottom of the shackle provide a lot more travel than boomerangs...they never hit the shackle box and travel is only limited by the spring hitting the sheet metal in front of the bumper, or in my case, restricted travel due to spring stiffness (BIGoffroad 6" springs).

Nay

You mention stiffness on the BOR springs. I was talking with Farmer Matt about his BOR 8" springs and he said they are the best springs that he has ever had. He said he has gotten the most travel out of these then anything else. I have the same springs and was tryin to figure out what shackle to use. I may try the JKS shackle and see or may end up trying the Full Traction one as well. The Full Traction is a little longer and has more of a boomerang from the centerline. But neither one has as much boomerang as the one's Matt made for himself.

-Mike

I have a set of ORGS boomerangs sitting on my shelf & I measured that they have about 1.5" of "Kick back" to them. Did you ever measure your BOR's main leaf to see how they compared to mine? I agree with Nay that I didn't see much improvement between the clearance from the RE's to the Boomerangs & that's the reason I ended up building my own.

Matt

FarmerMatt said:
I have a set of ORGS boomerangs sitting on my shelf & I measured that they have about 1.5" of "Kick back" to them. Did you ever measure your BOR's main leaf to see how they compared to mine? I agree with Nay that I didn't see much improvement between the clearance from the RE's to the Boomerangs & that's the reason I ended up building my own.

Matt

I just measured them and it is about 58" from eye to eye going along the arch of the spring. It is also about 51" eye to eye measured straight back.

-Mike

Nay said:

Nay

Dave, i'm running the same spring/shackle setup. I was thinking i needed boomerangs but i'm going to modify my shackles such as you did.

One question, do you get enough flex from your BOR's to warrant taking the halfmoon deeper into the shackle center as well as lower towards the ground? I'm wondering if that'll weaken the shackles.

Back