• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA's

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking and realy havent seen an answer for my question,so ill ask sorry if it has been already.i have a 2001 xj 20.000 miles,its my first jeep.(wont be my last) Ive already added some PRO COMP lights on the bumper now im looking at lifts want to go 3" my question is should i get a kit with new LCA's or wait and save for the adjustables if i dont change them what effect will it have on suspension geometry? I am going to buy an adjustable T-Bar when i lift.Thiswill be used a lot on road as well as off road getting to my fav hunting spots and im sure some trail stuff eventually.Any info is helpfull.

i would go with a Rubicon Express lift kit. their products are awesome i have one my jeep the 3.5 inch kit with full leaf packs. if you dont get new control arms you will be limiting your travel, the new arms are offset allowing for maximum travel. you can always customize your lift at Rubicon Express and get a 3.5 inch kit with adj control arms. these are their XJ lift kits. if you want a 3.5 inch kit with adj control arms they will make it. if you want to buy from Rubicon Express let me know and i can get it for you at a good price. a lot of people here will agree with me that Rubicon Express makes the best lifts.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=185

RE is definately the way to go. (but full traction's 6" LA kit is sposed to be pretty sweet too)
but heres the part where you can save in the long run by being honest with yourself now: its a known fact that inchitis sets in and youre gonna upgrade. its just gonna happen. so think hard about what you want, as there are some limitations and whatnot.
~3": you can get away with no SYE and stock parts all around, but not reccomended. LCAs and a tbar are all thats really NEEDED, other than the obvious like shocks and disco's. looking at 31s and trimming
3-4.5": drop the tcase if you dont want an SYE, altho its definately a good investment. however, i didnt run one at 7.5" with no problems, but that doesnt mean youll be ok. LCAs/TBar for sure, UCAs would be nice. depending on trimming you can run 32-33s with the right BS.
4.5-6": may want to consider going to long arms. 33-35s with moderate trimming
6" plus: LAs or drop brackets would be good to keep any shred of ride quality.
dont forget to factor in gears(+lockers), brakelines, discos, and other crap for all these.
so be honest...is 3" ALL you want? a good starting point may be a 3.5" superflex with the JJ adj LCAs and awesome Tbar(1660), and then you can add a spacer and shackle later.
-Ben

Back