• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruse on a 2000

scoobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
my 2000 sport didn't have cruse on it when i bought it, and now i miss it. all the underhood wiring a vacum lines are there, but i cant tell if the stearing column has the wiring. the salvage man says no and you have to change out the whole thing. if so would a zj column with the audio controls on the back work?

if the wiring is there, you cann buy the cruise kit from the dealer. it is an easy install. i have done plenty. it comes with the new servo. clock spring and switches. there is also some wirining the kit but not always needed. zj column wont work. the kit isnt that expensive, if you were to purchase the parst separately, it would cost much more.

that much i knew. the dealer says they cant get them any more, and the salvage yard just wants to sell me the whole thing to rip me off when i only need the controls. that's why i was asking. thanks for replying though.

you can buy new switches and a new clockspring if you already have a servo. you can also have the dealer do a search to see if there are any sitting around on any dealer's shelves. if so they can order it for you, but you would probably have to pay shipping. if another dealer still ad a kit in stock, they would probably give you a deal to get rid or it. if you can get me a part number i can check it for you

Some guy was clearancing out the factory kits on ebay a while ago.

I bought a MOPAR cruise control kit on EBAY and had it installed by my local mechanic. Everything plugged up perfectly on my 2000 XJ but the cruise will not turn on. The cruise control light on the instrument panel does not light. Mechanic says everything checks out going into the computer but nothing comes out to the servo. He says that the scanner indicates that Cruise Control is "OFF" but no way to turn it on. He suggests installing a new computer at nearly $500 installed. My local dealer is useless - I have checked with technicians at other JEEP dealers and none have ever had to change a processer to make a cruise control work. Of course they want me to bring it in and let them look at it at $80 an hour.

Any information or ideas about this problem? So far I'm out over $300 and cruise control still does not work.

i have seen bad switches from criuse kits. if it was bought from a dealer it would be warranteed. if the jeep was wires for the servo then i would double check all connection especially the on off switch. thats the first input the pcm needs to engage the cruise. once it gets the message it illuminates the indicator light in the dash. if that doesnt light the pcm doesnt have the signal. you need to be sure the mechanic hooked everything up completely.

Back