• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks?

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make a 14" stroke shock with the factory stud style mount. I need something in the 18-20" compressed range with a 36ish extended length. thankx.

do the math on what you just said
36-20=16 36-18=18

so you want a 16-18 inch travel shock, or a 14" travel shock?

a shock that is 18" compressed and 36 extended is IMPOSSIBLE, the shaft would have to extend to the middle of the eyes

to answer your question, none of the major shock manufacturers (rancho, pro-comp, etc) make a 14" shock with a stud. it's not hard to convert it though.

wannabe said:
Does anyone make a 14" stroke shock with the factory stud style mount. I need something in the 18-20" compressed range with a 36ish extended length. thankx.

Rancho RS9012's are loop top, and 19" comp/33" ext. JKS makes a stud to loop conversion that takes up about an inch, which would effectively give you a 20" comp/34" ext.

There are shock length charts all over the Internet, pick out the main shock makers, do a search, and check them all out. Be careful about too long a compressed length, you don't want them bottoming out......it's uncomfortable and they'll eventually break.

Sorry about my math I had been up for 22 hours and had to be back at work in 5 hours so i was kinda rushing. The set up im running measured out to be 23.5" from the center of a shock conversion kit to the lower eye (I figure another 1-1.5" with a stud style depending on how they measure them) and 23.75" from eye to eye on the stock rear setup. I am running long arms so im looking for the longest possible shock that i can fit. That is why im looking for a long travel stud style shock so I can fit it on the compression stroke and get roughly 2-4" more droop from what I have been seeing. Im hoping to find something with about a 36ish extended length because most that i have seen in my quick searching are about 32" which only gives about 8" of droop with the shock conversions with long arms. I called 4wheelparts and they said that rancho makes a 9000x that is 20comp. and 36ext. with a stud top but im not believing it till i see it. I have been all over there site but cant get any of their PDF files to load. Hopefully that is a little clearer. Thankx guys

BrettM said:
to answer your question, none of the major shock manufacturers (rancho, pro-comp, etc) make a 14" shock with a stud. it's not hard to convert it though.

On my 5150's the top eyelet unscrews off the shaft and it's left with a little flange with a stud sticking though it. Is this just so you can replace the eyelet? Or is that a different way to mount it?
Billy

You should look into the JKS eye adapter for the front shock, or T&J's off-road has a weld in eye adapter that they build for the jeepspeed set. I have a pair waiting to install when i get the new springs and bilstien 7100's... I would loose the stud style shocks all together, and run a limiting strap with the long arms....

Back