• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal Release

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When I turn my left turn signal on and turn the wheel it doesnt cancel out. I have to shut it off manually. What part is broken inside of there?

There is and assembly that goes in the steering column that handles that. You can buy an aftermarket complete setup with switches for around $50. You will need to rent/borrow/buy the steering wheel puller and special tool to push down the locking plate while you remove a snap ring. If you have the tools and know the proceedure it is a 30 minute job.

I just fixed the same problem with our 92. I questioned the local dealer and he said that the turn signal switch needed to be replaced at $144 for the switch. Borrowed a steering wheel puller and plate circlip extractor from Auto Zone at zero cost. Remove wheel and plate and found a spring that cancels the turn signal broken. Sold in pairs for less than $4 and it works as new. There is a plastic ring plate that works with the springs mentioned that could also have a knob broken from it. It can also be replaced at a very low cost. Rent or borrow the equipment and dive in for a quick fix.

Thanks a lot! Ill try to tear into it.

there are 2 springs on the turn signal switch for the cancelling cam, one is probably broken.make sure you get the turn signal switch and not the wiper switch that the turn signal switch pops into. sometimes if you can get a used switch, you can transfer the good spring to the old switch. if we change the switches you can bet we take the good cancelling springs for future repairs. it saves the customers money and we can sell the job easier. the switch fits many jeep vehicles as well as a ton of gm products.

Back