• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 245-75-16 Wrangler Mtr's Work

01XJLMTD

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01' XJ, I am going to install a 3" rubicon express lift and I want to use 245-75-16 wrangler mtr," Rubicon tires" on my Jeep. I have heard conflicting information concerning whether or not they will fit without rubbing issues or even worse. Does anyone have any info on this or is anyone using the same setup with or without trouble..
thanks

Well the first good thing is the RE kit is probably going to net 4"+.It will be real close,the most likely area would be the plastic bumper return on the front.You didnt say what wheels your going to use.Heres mine back at 4-5" and 265/75/16"s(32x10.5)!No rubbing here!!!!!!
32s.jpg

How hard do you plan on wheelin'? I actually have 30x9.5 MTRs on a stock DD 2000 XJ and they dont rub , and BTW those tires are badass( for stock):anon: I quess

those tires are about 30.5" so you should have plenty of clearance with the three inch lift. and full flex you will probably have some contact if you dont add any bumpstops. but before you limit travel stick on there and flex it out to see how if it does

Ramsey said:
those tires are about 30.5" so you should have plenty of clearance with the three inch lift. and full flex you will probably have some contact if you dont add any bumpstops. but before you limit travel stick on there and flex it out to see how if it does
Yep yep. I thought that they were closer to 31, but hey. You didn't say if you wanted to cut anything, but you can easily cut and make them fit with no problem.

Thanks for the input, I am using the stock 5 spoke alloy wheels 16 x 8 I think is the wheel size.
I don't intend on doing any cutting. I am a newby to all this, just getting started, I dont plan on doing any real radical wheelin with it yet but I do plan to take it off road.

if your sway bars stay on you wont even come close to touchin

Back