• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" came in today

Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Yea, picked up the lift kit today. I'll probably start on it tomorrow night. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated. This is my first lift so I'm a bit green on this stuff. :helpme:

Thanks for y'alls help.

Start soaking all the bolts on your jeep with PB-blaster or WD-40. Spray em acouple times a day.

Good luck. :cheers:

mission-inc said:
Start soaking all the bolts on your jeep with PB-blaster or WD-40. Spray em acouple times a day.

Good luck. :cheers:

WD-40 is a Water Displacement formula, hence the name, and won't do squat for loosening bolts.
You would do better to spit on them.
PB Blaster is the key.
That is all.

Some of these are general tips,

Before you spray a drop of anything or open the box... start thinking safety. Eye protection at all times, Gloves save knuckle skin. U Have But One Life To Live For Your Jeep etc...

If you don't have a lift to use, start borrowing jackstands, (4-6 :) ) and line up a piece of firm/level ground to work on the Jeep. Keep a trusted friend nearby.

Turn as many bolts loose while all (most of) the wheels are on it as possible, and leave an escape route. Working on only one or two corners at a time is smart.

If you have to leave the Jeep in a 'deadman' condition (like a barely lugged wheel, brakes unbled, TrackBar off etc)...tag it so no one accidently rides off into the sunset.

a 3.5 in lift is pretty easy. Make sure you have a bunch of C-clamps, and a drift pin to line up your center pins for the rear leafs if you went the AAL way. As for the front, its pretty straight forward. Jack it up make sure its all secure on the jack stands, take off your shocks, trackbar, and disconnect your sway bar. The kit comes with LCA's so pull those too, the front axle just drops down and put in your new coils and reverse the process. I dont understand why people say you need mechanical skills to do this.

anyone with expirience on the RE 3.5 have actual lift height numbers? at first and settled preferably.... sorry to hi-jack buddy.

Thanks for the info. I have already soaked all the nuts and bolts with PB. Then spent some time getting them loose. Now I need to start taking things off and the reinstall process. I agree with the SAFETY thing. I don't want y'all reading about me in the morning paper (Man gets mashed by Jeep) :skull1: . I'm in no hurry - I'll just take my time. The instructions say allow 8 hours for install. It'll probably take me twice that :dunno:

Back