• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a good price??

94_2wdcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have been calling around at a few local custom shops about getting a Pro-Comp 3 inch kit installed on my 2wd Jeep. Then they would add a 2 inch coil spacer and a 2 inch block in the back. They said that the kit would include AAl in the rear and 3 inch coil springs in the front, new control arms, traction bar relocation bracket, 4 pro comp shocks, the SYE. They said they would do it all for around $800. Is this a good price or Iam I going to get ripped off if i do it?

Thank YOu
Dylan

94_2wdcherokee said:
I have been calling around at a few local custom shops about getting a Pro-Comp 3 inch kit installed on my 2wd Jeep. Then they would add a 2 inch coil spacer and a 2 inch block in the back. They said that the kit would include AAl in the rear and 3 inch coil springs in the front, new control arms, traction bar relocation bracket, 4 pro comp shocks, the SYE. They said they would do it all for around $800. Is this a good price or Iam I going to get ripped off if i do it?

Thank YOu
Dylan

Too much!

you made it sound like that 800 included all of the parts you mentioned plus their installation. if thats right, then 800 seems like the deal of a lifetime.

They are including a SYE? Sorry, but, i'm confused. Are they saying $800 for the 2 inch blocks and spacers as well? Or is it $800 for the 3 inch coils and AAL? If it's the coils and AAL with shocks and a SYE, I think it's a good deal. If that is all installed at that price. I was looking around to have a 4.5 inch kit installed on mine and I was quoted $450 for just the install. So, i ended up getting a different kit and installed it myself with my buddies help. In all honosty, if you have space and time, i recomond doing the lift yourself. Then, if something breaks, you know better how to fix it. And, you learn alot about your rig in the process.
Tylor

Just because you get a good price, doesnt mean you're getting good quality. You get what you pay for, just be sure you're getting what you want, not just what you think is a good price.

-Marisha

92jeeper said:
In all honosty, if you have space and time, i recomond doing the lift yourself. Then, if something breaks, you know better how to fix it. And, you learn alot about your rig in the process.
Tylor

I agree with 92jeeper. Especially if you are going to be wheeling this thing, something will break. It always takes 3 times longer than it should (for me at least) to do a repair/mod the first time. So take the time and get to know your vehicle now instead of on the trail. You can do the lift with basic tools and you can use the labor money for more toys. Just my 2 cents.
-Joe

800$ is the 3 inch pro comp lift shocks and all the neccessary stuff needed to install it correct with the SYE and trac bar relocation, 2 inch blocks, 2 inch coil spacers, installed. I think it might be a good place to get it done because they do install alot of lifts on Jeeps. Does anyone know where a good place to get a Lift installed around the Houston, Texas area or maybe even Dallas.

i'm not sure if i'm getting this straight, but if they're giving you

SYE
driveshaft
coils
spacers
shocks
AAL
blocks
installation
LCAs

all for $800, then do it. Or better yet, install it yourself and save some more money and learn a lot.

you didn't mention brakelines.

Hey 94 2wd guy, PM me for some info on shop locations and all.

Mike

Jeep makes a 2wd Jeep? :dunce: :anon:
If all those parts are included, then thats a very good deal. But like said before, do it yourself and gain the experience.

don't know about the price but i have a 3" pro comp, rides like a mack truck, and had a lot of problems with the back tires rubbing. plus after looking around more i think the lower control arms could have made better, no problems with mine though. though the rubber bushings on the front lower shock eyes are wearing a little to fast in my opinion, only about 12k on them.

2 inches of blocks will kill your springs, and make your rear axle really squirrelly under acceleration and hard braking. Any lift kit that uses 2" of blocks is a cheap substitute for doing it right. I would avoid any shop that recommends this.

Eagle said:
2 inches of blocks will kill your springs, and make your rear axle really squirrelly under acceleration and hard braking. Any lift kit that uses 2" of blocks is a cheap substitute for doing it right. I would avoid any shop that recommends this.

I agree wholeheartely.
You have a great resource here, so ask around for folks in the know in your area, and then buy some beer and pizza and have a wrench party.
Don't buy a fish, learn to fish.
HTH

I agree with Eagle, 2" blocks are bad! Also I'm confused, you list a SYE but your Jeep is 2wd. If you told the shop your XJ is 2wd and they mentioned a SYE then STAY AWAY!!

Good Luck

Eagle said:

I dont get the whole "blocks will kill your springs" thing. The Dodge trucks from the factory with towing packages have something like 4" springs. Can someone explain?

Thanks.

Stick said:
I dont get the whole "blocks will kill your springs" thing. The Dodge trucks from the factory with towing packages have something like 4" springs. Can someone explain?

Thanks.

spring rate. go push on your xj and see how easy the leafs flex. now do the same on a ram 2500 and see how the springs don't move.

Rob Patterson said:
I agree with Eagle, 2" blocks are bad! Also I'm confused, you list a SYE but your Jeep is 2wd. If you told the shop your XJ is 2wd and they mentioned a SYE then STAY AWAY!!

Good Luck

So 2wd XJs don't have a slip yoke at the end of the transmission? Now I'm confused too, why would they use a slip yoke on the 4wd and a fixed yoke on the 2wd?

Back